View Single Post
Old 02-17-2018, 06:07 AM
OhCanada

Patrice - What an adorable dog - so funny with the eyeglasses!

Rob - what is a rat tail binding?

Debbie - I’m intrigued by your first photo, your applique is mounted onto blocks of some sort? I think I would enjoy volunteering at a quilt museum.

Marcia - have you had your longarm for long? I recently purchased one second hand, a retirement present for myself. It isn’t fancy, no stitch regulation, but I think/hope it’s well built and will behave itself. I test drove it at the seller’s home before purchasing and it went well. I just need to square up the leaders, they are a little stretched. I have 1 of the 3 leaders fixed. Then I’ll load it up with a quilt and probably stab myself like you did. I’ve been watching lots of utube videos on various methods of loading the quilt onto the frame.

I didn’t get as much done yesterday as I thought I would - went out with hubby to test drive an electric car - we are considering the Tesla Model 3. Dealership doesn’t have those yet, so we took the Model S for a spin. Wowzers, fun to drive.

But baby quilt did get quilted yesterday and the binding is attached, just need to sew it by hand to the back side.

Right now I’m monkeying around with the Curious George panel, I love doing this, a custom design for piecing the quilt top. I’ve decided on adding a row of Monkey Wrench blocks, I have a coordinating fabric with little faces of George. I’ll fussy cut them to put in the center square of the blocks.