View Single Post
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 AM
letawellman

Originally Posted by rryder View Post
Hey all,
I found a piece that just needed to be bound... It has lingered on the UFO stack for about a year because I couldn't figure out what to do with it. It was an attempt to do a whole cloth mini out of a flimsy slinky and slippery satin that came from my grandmother's house. I used the framework of Lisa Calle's design from her whole cloth mini class on Iquilt. Because of the slippery nature it was very difficult to work with, almost impossible to square up for binding and I decided to just finish it by overcasting the edges and calling it a sample. Any way, it is done and no longer on the UFO pile YAY! very difficult to photo also because it's so shiny---note to self, never ever use this kind of material again without heavily stabilizing it first LOL!

Rob
Awesome job, Rob!! That slinky, slippery stuff is definitely challenging. Hmm, that reminds me of another UFO, that may well BE a UFO because of the slinky, slippery stuff!!

I LOVE the methods that Lisa Calle teaches!! I've done a couple of small wholecloth wall hangings using her methods!
Again, that's a great finish!!