View Single Post
Old 02-19-2018, 02:47 PM
givio

The marbled Moda fabric is pretty! A golden yellow would be lovely.

BattleAxe, I think post #864 in the Churn Dash thread I wrote to you: "BattleAxe, Setting triangles for 12" blocks = for side triangles, 18 1/4" square cut in half diagonally twice; for corner triangles, 9 3/8" square cut in half diagonally once." I consider this a ball park size-- it's from a list I have for 'On Point Setting Triangles' on a manufactured tool.

If you want to use a stripe like I did, then you could cut a paper triangle pattern to lay over your pieced fabric that consists of a stripe sewn to another fabric (either add the fabric on the top or bottom of the stripe, my stripe was at the bottom/base of the triangle), then cut the sewn stripe/fabric to the size of the paper pattern. Please pay attention to having the stripe always in the same place on the triangle-- you cannot flip the paper pattern to continue the cuts and save fabric. It's like you are cutting two sets of triangles for two different quilt tops. But if you cut the stripe alone (and sew to the fabric later), and the stripe looks the same rightside-up as it does upside-down, then you could flip the paper pattern.

Last edited by givio; 02-19-2018 at 03:00 PM.