Old 02-19-2018, 06:21 PM
ruby2shoes

Default Oh no.....who put the whiteboard marker pen in my Crayolas??!!!

Yep, drew some lovely big lines....Dark Pink ones all over my mainly cream quilt top. Can you guess what my heart rate ramped up too when I realised what I had done! I guess luckily I realised as soon as I had done it. Tried dabbing (in different spots) dishwashing liquid, washing powder made into a paste, stain remover, and hand sanitiser(rubbing alcohol). The hand sanitiser was the only thing that had any effect and now, an hour later I have managed to dab dab dab until my fingers are cramped and the lines are faded....not gone...just faded. And I guess I am going to have to live with that. sigh.........

So my question is I now have a pin basted quilt, quilted in the centre out to about halfway all around, and a very soggy side of the quilt where the dastardly event occured. Now, do I just let the quilt dry from its substantial wetting with the hand sanitiser and then wash the quilt as normal when I have finished it or do I attempt to wash or rinse the area now....and if so...how the heck do I manage that? Tomorrow I have to go interstate for a few weeks so this quilt is not going to be finished for about a month.

Any advice most gratefully received......I'm off to have a strong cup of tea as it is too early for a stiff adult drink!!!!!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 02-20-2018 at 03:40 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps