Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM
trupeach
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I wasn't always allergic to things/foods, I LOVED lobster stuffed with shriimp however in my mid to late 20's I became allergic to shellfish, by my 30's fish all together including tuna. Now I am allergic to so many things that I am always reading food labels. Since I am very allergic to fish I thought if something comes from the sea I must be allergic to it. I am so sensitive I would never even think of going in the ocean and I once lived on Long Island and less then a mile from the beach. I ordered crackers on line and they arrived yesterday one ingredent was sea salt. I was not eating them without seeing if indeed there is a connection between fish allergies and products from the sea. I was right!!!!!!!!!!! I googled it and if you have a fish/shellfish allergy you WILL be allergic to sea salt and have the same allergic reaction to both. I would assume the same thing is true with kelp as that is from the sea. So anyone with a fish allergy please be aware of this fact. I feel there should be a label on products stating the allergy of sea salt the way products containing nuts are labled. Just as an added note I am also allergic to bees and if you are allergic to bees you could also be allergic to honey. I have been rushed all to often to the ER to take any chance with allergies.

I have told my children if I ever decide to kill myself I will do it by having one last meal, it will be clam chowder as a starter then lobster stuffed with shrimp and crab meat and for desert I will have struffoli which is an Italian pastry drizzled with honey. Now that is a great way to go. :lol: :lol: :lol: ROFLAO