View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 04:50 PM
Teen

I like the yellow, too!! (It's my signature color...lol!...do I like it in anything...). Great find in the stash and it will make some wonderful, cheerful quilts. Yea!

Ok.....I splurged...kinda....On my mini vacay to Laughlin NV, which I lost in gambling but not huge, we drove across the river into Arizona and drove home thru Fort Mojave AZ where, of course, I found a quilt shop and, of course, my friends willingly supported my desire to stop (they are such enablers). Wellllllll....darling shop and darling people...and fabulous fabrics everywhere. I stocked up on more patriotics (2 yards) for my QOV's, found adorable polka dots (3 yards total), which is my weakness besides brownies and M&M's, and stocked up on black (4yrds) which I was running low. All of these fabrics are targeted for a specific quilt that I have fabric set aside (except about 3 yards of black). I did not buy anything "just because" and completely avoided precuts, tho that was tough to do. They were awesome, my friends had a ball shopping with me and the shop gave me a bunch of really cute and bright 2 1/2 strips just for stopping by. (Tied in a bow...so cute). My friend even bought a yard to make bandana's for his vet friends. I could have made do without these fabrics but when in a new town away from home (255 miles from home) and a chance to shop a local LQS, you just gotta stop and shop. So fun...