View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:56 AM
Barbm

swaps come with rules and you need to go along with them. Unsure- ask the swap mom. post a pic of the fabric you'll use- your other swappers will give feedback.

that said- I just finished a brick swap. It was my first to take charge. I was worried I wouldn't be able to keep up with it. Luckily, it was small and even though I got busy for a bit, it still went well. I mailed the packages yesterday and look forward to everyone receiving theirs.

there was a mix of types of fabrics- lqs, wal-mart, joann's. But they all looked like they will be good in a quilt- no real quality issues. I'm pleased with the results.

I'm careful of participating- I get scared of the deadlines as my work days vary from hour to hour and I'm afraid of something coming up and I can't meet the deadline. After doing the black & white block swap and loving every one- I did the blue and yellow one and ended up with ones that wouldn't fit in to the quilt I was envisioning. But there were enough to do something else with. Now- I wait a bit to see what the blocks look like and if I have anything in my stash to go along with it. I'm not going to buy fabric to be in a swap just because I like the colors- I have to have a need, not a want.

Oh- I don't do the doll quilt ones- 1st- what would I do with them, 2nd- I'm just learning to do small things. I don't do the dolls- I'm scarred forever by the ones I made- I didn't like them at all.

Just be wary- try one and see how it goes.