View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 10:57 AM
omak

Originally Posted by Eddie
Originally Posted by omak
I am thinking about that comment about "good luck sewing tiny squares" - - though, I am sure you are into the strip piecing and whatever ...
Yes, I strip pieced the blocks and chain stitched as well, so the 48 blocks went together real fast. I got them completed in a couple of hours last night. Just need to add the HSTs to the two corners of each block now. Here's how they look laid out together.
Be sure to attach the picture with this post to the quilt - - the way those two little HST in two corners of the nine patch absolutely punches up the intrigue of the design!
I was visiting the nursing home one afternoon, and at the end of the hallway was an interesting lap robe laying on a chair. I had to stop and figure out how it was done ... simple nine patch, turned on point, with a nice fabric square between ... turning things on point, such a little technique does some amazing things to a block, too ...
most of us don't understand that it is simple little things and your quilt absolutely PROVES that to be the case. <wave>