View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:46 AM
Mickey2

The machine should clean up nicely. The crinkle finish looks like it's nice condition. When you polish the chromed parts, be carefull not to get any on the brow pain, it's can be very difficult to get things off again. I polished a crinkle finish case once using a resin type car polish and I had a horrible time getting the white stuff left in the crinkles. I would just wipe off gently with a damp microfiber cloth, if a polish is needed, try a grit free polish It's often called a glaze or a sealant and for cars it's a second step over the regular polish to make it last longer.

It shouldn't be too difficult to thread it up, the tricky part is mostly getting the shuttle treaded right and for the top thread, make a point of getting it in between the two flat disks in the tensioner. In the picture it's out side them.

Keep oiling and if it has the ball bearing gear, be carefull not to run it until you have some oil or smooth grease in there.

Since Stefan narrowed down the production date, and the finish looks pefect, I'm sure the brown crinkle finish is original.

Last edited by Mickey2; 02-22-2018 at 09:48 AM.