View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 05:49 PM
yolajean

Thank you for your generous posts. StillH2Oquilters: I searched for "Iris Wall Hangings" on Pinterest and grabbed a few that I liked. I am posting the framed piece (I have it a bit off center but it was too difficult to fix and so I left it the way it is.) Wanted the irises to be a peachy color but in the evening light of my sewing room, the fabric looked peachy but in the bright daylight it is pink. Grrrr! Used fabric from my stash. The frame needed to be light weight as I will have to put it in my carry on bag. This frame is 14" x 14" (no glass). I happened to find a piece of cardboard at Ben Franklin that was 14" x 14" with a sticky side. (Can you believe it?) I trimmed the batting to about 1/2" larger than the inside of my frame; I pushed the piece down with the cardboard; I removed the paper to reveal the sticky side; I pressed the fabric overhang onto the board and then I used embroidery thread to "cinch" it up tight in the back using an X design; the put the back on and this is the finished project. Also, posting the sheet that I used to make my patterns with. Hope this helps. I only stitched around each piece, which had double sided pellon on the back (ironed onto the backing). I stitched the lines as I saw in some of the iris photos. (No other quilting.) I'm sorry that this photo is sideways. If anyone knows how to prevent this, I am all ears!!! This is my "Thank you" gift for my nephew and his wife for inviting me to stay at there house while in Denver. (So grateful.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]589586[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]589587[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails iris-pic.jpg   iris-line-drawing7.jpeg