View Single Post
Old 02-22-2018, 09:16 PM
Jeanette Frantz

Even if I weren't concerned about shrinkage and bleeding dyes in fabrics (and I've encountered a few) I would still be much more concerned about the chemicals or any other matter which might end up on the fabric (my cousin caught a couple of adults blowing their noses/wiping their noses on the new fabric in her shop. That fabric had to be thrown away -- she couldn't sell it. I would hope that people have more respect for fabrics that are in retail establishments, but I don't have confidence that this would be the case. I've seen instances where chicken bones, pieces of bread, etc., have been stuffed either in fabrics or in clothing. I don't think I need to tell you how disgusting that is to me. I have asthma -- and it's not going to go away, so I exercise a great deal of caution, so I guess I will always pre-wash. But I don't buy pre-cuts or quilt kits either. If something is going to be damaged by washing, I don't want it brought in the door to my house. An ER visit due to an asthma attach is soooo much more expensive, both financially and physically.