Old 02-23-2018, 01:57 AM
DebbieJJ

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
Well that was interesting. My observation is that the fallen person needs a lot of strength in their core, arms and hips to get up from some of those positions. And the right objects to assist. Who has a sofa that has a pull out bed to lean on, or speakers that are not wired and right where we fall? I practice getting up without using my arms. It isn't always possible but I can do it a lot of the time. I suggest getting on the floor and figuring out how to get up, with whatever your body can do, and with whatever items you have handy, assuming no injuries from the fall. And practice this.
You are right Stitchnripper, we all need to know how to get up without using our arms in case we have to, but some of us (ME especially) just can't do it. I need to do more practising, more exercising, etc., but with the health problems I have, I just can't seem to get ahead.....At least I've been blessed enough to be able to get up with the help of a chair when I've fallen in the past.

QuiltingNinaSue, goodness girl, you be careful, we don't want you getting hurt! But if my DH knew what your DH does for you, he'd run out and bring in our cart to help me up!

Anyway, I just thought some of the suggestions in the video might get some of us to thinking about what to do before we fall, like Stitchnripper has. You had a great suggestion about practicing. Thanks!