Old 02-23-2018, 02:43 AM
Murphy224

This is a subject near and dear to my heart. Her techniques work well IF you have the core body and arm leg strength and general good health to manuaver yourself around. My younger brother was 6' 5" tall, overweight and in poor health.

Tragically, one day he fell in his kitchen (nothing to grab hold of, nothing to pull up with), unable to scoot himself or move. We found him 3 days later. Deceased. Coroner determined that in his struggles to get up, he had a heart attack but evidence showed he struggled for at least two full days really couldn't determine exact time and day of death.
Moral of story.....if you live alone or are unable to get yourself up without holding on to anything, ALWAYS ALWAYS have your cell phone in your pocket, on a chain around your neck, taped to your arm, something, but within reach at all times. My "non cell phone" 87 year old mother who lives by herself wears a medical alert type button that monitors her for falls or non-movement.
I work very hard at being able to get up without any assistance. It ain't pretty, but I can do it.