Old 02-23-2018, 03:47 AM
DebbieJJ

Murphy224, I'm so sorry about your brother....There are no word to describe what pain we feel when we lose someone.

My dear 80-something grandmother slipped and fell on a loose throw rug in a hallway back in the mid 90's, and she broke her hip and dislocated one of her shoulders. The drs repaired the hip, but failed to realize her shoulder problem! She kept complaining about her shoulder, and one of my aunts almost had to force the dr to do some tests to find the problem. Anyway, there wasn't any furniture of any kind around for her to even try to help herself up with (if she even could have!) and no phone in the hallway.

This was before cell phones and medical alert systems (that I know of), and she layed on the floor all day until one of my aunts came by her house after work. She wasn't ever the same after that, and she lived to the ripe old age of 98. By the way, my dear granddaddy had passed away in 1985, and my grandmother now lived alone, thru her choice.

So yes, there are times when we just can't or don't have that kind of strength to get up. That's why it's important to practice, and like Murphy224 said, keep a cell phone or medical alert system on us at all times.