View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 06:24 AM
gingerd

Originally Posted by Murphy224 View Post
Hi, I have had the 15000 for almost 4 years and simply love it. I would suggest going to the Janome website and checking out all this machine can do. Then going to a dealer and sewing on it. One of the major deciding factors for me was that the embroidery unit goes to the back of the machine and not to the left as most of the other brands do. I knew I had space behind my sewing machine area that was not available to the left. You don't need a lot of space, with the embroidery arm open it measures 27 inches from front of machine to end of embroidery arm.
I also "splurged" at the time and bought a dedicated cabinet for it, perfect. Not one moment have I regretted buying this machine.

I saw that the embroidery is on the back. That's kinda nice. I too would have to get a new cabinet. The one I have won't fit the 15000. What cabinet did you get? I've been looking. My thought is if I can find a cabinet I like then I'll get the machine. What I have now I can easily see thread as it's on the doors, not in a drawer. The ones I've seen have the thread put into drawers. I'm not sure I like that.

Thanks for the info!