View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 12:53 PM
CookieZenmilk

One jelly roll made a rug measuring 30" x 44". I cut 17 strips of batting just as the pattern stated. The pattern is just $10 and it is a download or u can purchase the pattern from Roma Quilts on etsy or get it on the fatquartershop. The entire rug is machine stitched. It is beginner friendly. I ironed my rug every time i changed the bobbin. Some people on instagram suggested using Maryellen's Best Press when ironing it. One of the tips on the pattern is to let your machine do the work. Just guide it through, don't pull it. If you pull it, you risk stretching the fabric and your rug will end up bowl shaped. Mine did curl a little bit and I joked that I would throw a blanket over it and drive my car back and forth over it. I believe you could change the shape of the rug by how much you fold the first strip. I just followed the directions on the pattern for my first. I am now making a second rug. These binder clips are very handy. I bought mine on Amazon for under $10 for 100+ clips. It was definitely worth it to me. I suppose you could use clothespins too. A friend of mine voiced concern that the rug would get dirty to which I said, i would throw it in the washer and air dry it. You can get inexpensive jelly rolls on Craftsy for under $20. i used a cheap all purpose thread from Joann's. Any other questions, just holler.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589664[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]589665[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]589666[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3262.jpg   img_3263.jpg   img_3264.jpg