Old 02-26-2018, 02:32 PM
Chasing Hawk

The lack of discipline at home, the loss of solid family values and no respect for anything or anybody is the major underlying issue. School officials and teachers have their hands tied by laws and regulations nowadays. There was a time when a child acted up in school the teachers were able to dole out a punishment. Whether that punishment was 500 sentences, time out or no recess, maybe a 250 word essay on improper behavior. None of that is allowed anymore. I found this out when my oldest son was acting up in class. I told his teacher to start giving his sentences 500 of them, she response was "We can't it's a form of child abuse". My jaw fell to the floor! I asked what she could do, "Basically I could tell him to behave and not do it again.", she said. That night my son wrote 500 sentences because I said so.

When my husband and I as well as a lot of us here were raised to show respect and were expected to obey the rules or face consequences. My husband and I both grew up with firearms in our homes. Never once did either one of us think of taking one out of the house without permission and supervision. Let alone take it to school and use it to inflict bodily harm.

Now kids can slap, punch, spit on and curse teachers and school officials with no repercussions. Law enforcement has the same problem. If we let the parents be parents and discipline their own children, we may see less disturbing behavior. I don't mean child abuse or anything like that, just old fashion discipline.

I am keeping mum about all this gun control and arming teachers and school personal. Too much of a volatile subject right now.