View Single Post
Old 02-27-2018, 08:54 PM
Conchalea

I have 2 UFO finishes to add to the February tally. The pieces making up the focal points of my pillows were some I found in my mother’s sewing box. She died in 2005 & I just found these pieces three weeks ago while digging around for a sewing machine foot I thought might have ended up there. It wasn’t, but I found these treasures instead. Mom’s angles weren’t exact but I decided to leave them as is. There was enough material cut & uncut for a total of 18 blocks. I let each of my daughters choose a block for a pillow & put the other 16 in a quilt. The pillows are 14” & one has a back from fabric in mom’s box while the other has a back from the star fabric used in the cornerstones. I’m out of the dark purple thread I’m using to quilt it so the quilt will wait until I get another spool. I’m pleased with the pillows & enjoyed making something pretty from pieces started by my mother 13+ years ago.

ETA: I can’t find the way to load pictures from my phone so I’ll have to wait until tomorrow & use my computer.

Last edited by Conchalea; 02-27-2018 at 08:58 PM.