View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 06:21 AM
NoraB

My first set-up was this frame exactly. I purchased the wooden pattern boards and a Brother PS1500 sewing machine with an 11 inch throat. I loved this set-up and it worked fine for me for 9 years. There was definitely a learning curve for me and I was quite frustrated trying to coordinate my sewing speed with my movement of the carriage...but eventually, I got it. I really loved that you could expand it to do larger quilts, yet keep it smaller when doing smaller quilts. Depending on what machine you get with it...I think it's a good deal. Just make sure you get all the parts and the rails and the carriage. I used the pattern perfect boards a lot and did stippling. The design of the carriage makes it hard to do a diagonal line...or maybe I just wasn't coordinated enough. But, I used that for 9 years and actually still have the frame and machine and carriage. I'm selling the pattern perfect boards to someone else on this board. I would still be using that set-up except my husband generously purchased an Innova 18" quilting machine and frame. Due your due diligence and find out as much as you can about it....just remember the learning curve (which you would have with any frame set-up). There is also a yahoo site for Grace Machine quilters...you might take a look at that too....I don't have the exact site handy. Good luck in your research and decision!