Thread: New Quilter?
View Single Post
Old 02-28-2018, 11:36 AM
TheMerkleFamily

Great question! Last May, I was introduced to quilting/sewing by a lifelong, dear friend visiting from California. She asked if I'd ever considered sewing/quilting and suggested we spend our rainy day exploring a well supplied LQS. Well, that was all it took! As soon as I walked in I fell in love with every fabric I laid eyes on (truly a 1st timer) but left determined to make two of the display quilts - a beautiful bargello and a Kaffe Fassett - Stone Log Cabin. Surprisingly, I refrained from purchasing anything that day. But I did embark on my search for the perfect 1st machine (Juki TL2200qvp mini) and that's when I found this board. Honestly, my friend piqued by interest but this board has truly inspired and guided me forward to pursue this obsession

My 1st purchase was the KF Stone Log Cabin kit which I must admit is UFO at the moment as I've been distracted by other projects - imagine that? LOL! Now that I think of it - I've certainly gathered a small store of fabric, patterns, notions, machines, etc. over just the past several months (which, btw, feels like several years!)

Again, the inspiration and shared wisdom found on this board has helped this 'newbie' immensely! Thank you

Christine