View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 01:44 PM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

I just understood what your quilt content is. I am sorry. This is like making a t-shirt quilt. I did that Once. as a favor to the diabetes association in my area for their office with cut out t shirt fronts as the blocks from past events. I had to stabilize the t shirt from behind with a knit interfacing to stabilize the block before piecing it. It was way too stretchy to sew without it. I used regular cotton fabric for the sashings and border. When it was all assembled, I quilted the wall hanging with a stippled all over design and I echoed around the images. It had 80/20 black batting and a cotton backing. That made for a heavy finish, but a finish none the less. I swore never again.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, it is best to stick with regular cotton fabric. The knit is hard to work with. I work with polyester spandex blends for summer tops. I love it as a garment. But a quilt? No thanks too much work and weight for my poor wrists on my domestic machine for quilting.

By the way, use a knit or a zig zag stitch to quilt with or you will have popped out stitches from the weight of it in the wash or pulling on it. I suppose the batting will stabilize it somewhat. At least I hope so for all of the nice work you did on it.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-07-2018 at 07:02 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps