Old 03-01-2018, 09:51 PM
moonrise

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Thanks for the examples of fabrics that have been posted!

I love the neutrals in Sewbizgirl's picture. They are examples that will lend more 'life' and 'movement' to a project. Quilters that like Bonnie Hunter's patterns often use such neutrals because she has made them popular by suggesting to use them.

With regard to the picture of Moonrise, it's hard to see on my monitor, but some of them look like white-on-white or cream-on-cream.

Tone on tone type fabrics often have prints and patterns that make them pretty, cute, or unique in some way-- but with mottled blenders, would there be a lot of point in swapping that type of fabric? Won't such fabric be very similar, with the most difference being just the shades of color of the off-white or cream?

Could it please be clarified if WOW, WOC, or COC types of fabric will be used in this swap? There was a recent thread on the topic of the white-on-white type of fabric, which gave rise to some good points. There may be swappers that want to avoid that type of fabric.
Yes, nearly all of mine are tone-on-tone, with only three solids in the mix, and one cream with little navy flower shapes (far left of my photo).

I had an idea that I thought I'd throw out there. What if we had two back-to-back swaps ... one for "safe" neutrals, and one for more "edgy" neutrals? It's up to Red, of course, but that way everyone could join the one they prefer. Personally, I'd join both.