Old 03-02-2018, 05:17 AM
tropit

Originally Posted by GEMRM View Post
Looks interesting! I had never heard of Jackfruit before, had to google that! I don't know where I'd find it around here....
Jackfruit is one of those trendy foods out there right now. (Although, in Hawaii, they've been eating it forever.) In the beginning of the craze, it was hard for me to find it too. My first few cans were bought online and they were kind of expensive. After that, my grocer started carrying it in the Asian foods section and it was much cheaper. It's a regular item there now.

When shopping for it, you want to make sure that you get YOUNG Jackfruit, PACKED IN WATER. They also sell a sweet Jackfruit that is packed in heavy, sugar syrup. You don't want that.

I made the ribs last night. My husband was working late, so I had my "rib sandwich" and went upstairs to wrestle with the taxes. He came home and ate by himself, poor baby. When I came back down, the entire tray of ribs were gone...sauce too. He didn't leave even one! The recipe serves approximately 8, but not in this house.

~C