View Single Post
Old 03-02-2018, 11:56 AM
Chris Denno

If I were you, considering the 3 stitch length, and the loose weave of several of the fabrics, I would sitd with a wide decorative stitch on every seam, or at a minimum a serpentine. Holding this quilt together is the most important consideration.

"The quilt that I had a problem with I used quality quilting fabric, but I was inexperienced and did random straight-line quilting from edge to edge on all different angles. But not nearly enough. So some parts of the quilt had several inches without any quilting.

For this quilt I did Slightly larger than 1/4 inch seam allowance, should that be enough insurance that it will hold up? My stitch length was 3, I didn't know I should piece with smaller stitches!! Also, the fabrics are all interlock (t-shirt), flannel and thermal fabrics (it is a memorial quilt made from clothing, which I've never done before). My sashing at the seam I'm worried about is all interlock, so maybe this should be reassuring since it doesn't fray??"

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-07-2018 at 07:02 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps