Old 03-02-2018, 09:25 PM
quiltingcandy

Most people think that getting an embroidery machine is all there is to it. They get it home and realize there is a lot more to it. My dealer was very nice but didn't really explain about the designs worked and picking thread needs to done with care. I went to a couple classes but they were more for the entire use of the machine not just embroidery. I needed a special class just to learn how to convert a pattern from a dvd/cd to my program for my Viking and then to the machine. Some machines come with very limited programs - so there is another expense. And there are different stabilizers and learning which one is best for the project can be a trial and error process. I call my embroidery machine my spoiled brat - it works fine when I am attentive to it - but let me leave the room or maybe sew on my other machine and it will misbehave. Not always - but enough that it received the title.

I have heard more people say it was more than they wanted to do - thread changes also annoyed people - and just put it in a closest or sold it. My friend and I figured it out together - it was so much more than I ever thought it would be and probably if I didn't have my friend, Carol, helping me out I might not have fallen in love with the machine like I have. Carol bought the Brother PE 770 after we got confident on my machine.