Old 03-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Suzanne in VT

Default My January & February 365 Day Challenge Blocks

I have just finished the big February block (18"), so have grouped the blocks together by month and here they are. The small blocks will finish at 3", so they are tiny. I have not made many tiny blocks, so this has been a challenge, for sure. I'm counting the pieces in each block and one in particular had 42 pieces. That is a lot of pieces in a 3" block!

I'm feeling a bit challenged with the color values. I'm usually OK in this area, but I really wanted this to be a red quilt and also to use the fabrics in my stash, so I'm finding that I don't have a lot of values in red fabrics. I was reading on someone's blog yesterday about color value and how she takes a picture with her iphone to see the value. Sheesh, I didn't even know that was an option, so I did this with the blocks and am posting that picture here as well (in case others didn't know this existed on their phones). I'm going to start using this to figure out the fabrics I use in each block. When I have looked at some of the fabrics while making these blocks they have appeared to be medium and dark values, but when I get the blocks put together they just blend together, so this iphone thing will be a huge assistant for me.

Anyways, here are my blocks...

Suzanne in VT
Attached Thumbnails 365-days-january-2018.jpg   365-days-february-2018.jpg   jan.-b-w.jpg   feb.-b-w.jpg