Old 03-04-2018, 06:59 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Sassylass View Post
I know what you mean on pricing and the quilt store I go with quilt quality fabric is way cheaper than Fabricland and is ran by fantastic husband and wife team. They just had a sale with $8.50 for prints AND batics and $8.00 a metre for solids. Fabricland is losing a lot of business with the high cost of quilting fabrics and I have heard others say they will no renew their membership. I used a 55% of coupon for Michael's for the large Ofla cutting may, saved $48.00 on that!
Oh please do share the name of your great LQS.
Many more of us may be able to support them!

I've been doing the same and using the 55% coupons at Michael's for blades and other needs.
Granted, it's pretty much the same as Fabricland ... if you buy at regular price, it's way too high.
However, they have % off coupons pretty much all the time. Plus sign up for their emails as you will get more of them, than you will receive at the cash register or in their flyers.

Bonus ....... a little known fact that Michael's has a Senior's Discount every day ... just be sure to ask.

Originally Posted by meanmom View Post
Since some have discussed tarriffs and duty here, I have a question. I was wanting to send a gift to a quilter in the Netherlands. How do I find out if she will have to pay when I send the gift?
The best way is to ask your friend. Yes, I know you may want it as a surprise, but perhaps you could just get into a discussion without letting her know the intent?

I have sent parcels to the Netherlands and the recipient was never charged anything on receipts. However, that does not mean that sometimes they are. Or that perhaps my valuation came in just under the line for the added fees.

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-04-2018 at 07:04 AM.