Thread: Color advice?
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 01:15 PM
wesing

Default Color advice?

This quilt has not turned out at all like I thought it would. I had no plan for the center when I started it; I just wanted to see if I could do it. The star, after a minor adjustment, turned out quite nice, but was too small for bed-sized quilt, so I decided to add borders to it. Twice I had to change my plan because the quilt was bigger than I calculated. Turns out, a quilt will do that when you put a border on Both sides of it . Instead of the current outside border, I wanted a dog-tooth border, but the math kept messing me up and I got impatient and just added the rectangles.

Now I want to add Sawtooth Stars and Corner Beam stars to the quilt, but I'm out of bright colored solids. Since I have a lot of white in the center, then a band of dark, could I use the pastel-ish colors I have laid out with a white background? This will be the last pieced border. I may or may not add one final solid border after the stars. Also, my stars will finish at 8". Does anyone know of any other stars based on a grid of 4 or 8?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]590202[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590203[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]590204[/ATTACH]

Thanks,

Darren
Attached Thumbnails img_0931.jpg   img_0932.jpg   img_0933.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-04-2018 at 02:18 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps