Old 03-06-2018, 07:46 PM
Treadle&Gears

Originally Posted by notsothoreau View Post
I am thinking about finding new homes for a few, particularly the electric ones. I have my Davis VF, my National Two Spool. I have two Singers and a Free that I love. I recently bought a Singer hand crank and I have another that I could put back together as a handcrank. We are talking about moving cross country and I'm concerned about the amount of space that three more treadles and several machine heads will take up.

I really do have my bucket list machines, but I am not going to say that I couldn't be tempted.
We just moved 3 treadles with original irons (1918 singer 66-1, Household 3x, and W&W 8), a Jones hand-crank, a 99k, a Free No. 5 head that I really need a parlor cabinet for, and one teensy-weensy machine I convinced DH doesn't get counted.

I sold a 503 (sorry Miriam!) with the cabinet to a co-worker, gave someone else the 403 - I just don't get along with slant-needles - and donated 4 singers I knew I'd never fix.

A Davis VF is on my bucket list. I actually got sniped on an auction site for a hand-crank model last year. Still mad about that one!!!!!