View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 02:55 AM
NJ Quilter

Welcome from NJ. A little story about encouragement.... I was at a dinner a couple of weeks ago seated with 8-9 other folks. At some point during the evening one of the ladies across the table was speaking with the woman seated next to her and I caught a snippet of the conversation that contained the word 'quilt'. I asked her if she quilted, yada yada. Conversation evolved to the fact that she had only been quilting for the last three years because she thought she 'couldn't sew'. Her older sister apparently was an extremely accomplished sewist from a young age. This lady had been told - either HS home ec class or a 4-h class when she was young that the project she was working on was nowhere near the perfection of her sister's. Thus, she didn't sew again for many decades.

She passed over her phone with photos of the many quilts she has done in the last three years and let me tell you, they are wonderful!

So, as zozee said, don't let anyone else's or your own critique of your work stop you or slow you down. Just join the party!