View Single Post
Old 03-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Teen

Ouch, Anael....I had a hip replacement in 2010 and have excellent results. I wish I would have done it sooner. The field is so skilled in this procedure now that complications are rare. At least you know that it isn't dislocated. My sister had both hips done and recently started experiencing pain but she really over did with lifting when she helped her daughter move. Hip,was very inflamed so she's on med's and it is feeling much better now. Hope all turns out well for you, Anael.

Dotty....most of the pain I felt following surgery was related to the atrophied muscles in my leg and hip that had gone underused for so long. It's like re-stretching muscles when you go to the gym. It hurts at first but short time later feels better and your range of motion improves. I tried to stretch my muscles each day before surgery so it wouldn't be so bad and it did help. I was riding a bike in a month, which I hadn't done in 10 years.

i finished 2 more blocks today and will post pics tomorrow. I may do one more after din din ...

Last edited by Teen; 03-07-2018 at 04:02 PM.