View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 08:23 PM
sef0181

Question Outside the Box 'Quilt' Material

Hello ladies! (and gents!)
I am Very new to quilting, and have only completed a few projects, making great strides every time.
My next project I would like to make a lap blanket for my Nascar obsessed husband. Something durable, as it might be outside or being used (and abused) by the dog. I wanted to make something themed for his favorite driver, however there aren't Any fabrics to be had with Brad Keselowski on them. I tried to make my own fabric, but the printing sites claimed copyright infringement.
Now my mother, who is not a quilter, wondered if I could use a one of the polyester flags as a top. But I didn't know how that would work and didn't know if anyone had any ideas or experience using something like that as a blanket, or piecing together a few smaller ones with other fabric in a more traditional quilt.
The only other 'fabric' that is available are beach towels, but I can't imagine how often I would need to wash them.

Any help would be lovely!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-09-2018 at 02:46 AM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps and copyright pic