Old 03-09-2018, 01:48 AM
Lauravanny

I ended up buying bottom line for the piecing reinforcement and 40wt polyester OMNI for quilting. Only because I could get them on amazon and get them sooner. I'm not going to make the deadline I set for myself but I don't want to waste another week!!

I had pictured the piecing reinforcement you suggested as sewing the zigzag ON TOP. I guess that's not what you meant! You meant sewing over the existing piecing line in the same way I sewed the original piecing, right? I see pros and cons to both. On top would be quicker, but visible. I sighed at the thought of going over every single seam, though. I think you're right, I wouldn't NEED to, but if the zig zagging is visible in some places it kind of seems like it might look better if it were consistent and pass it off as a style detail. I wouldn't be sure I'd even like the look until I tried it though. Maybe I should just do it the invisible way you originally recommended! Then I wouldn't have to worry about every single seam, maybe just between the rows where I have VERY long seam lines!

I will definitely try reinforcing the piecing, use muslin and the stronger threads! I plan to repeat the original pattern in a zig zag instead of stippling since I agree it would be more aesthetically pleasing! I'm feeling super confident in the plan! Thank you so much! I will have to send an update when it's complete!

Anyway, this baby shall be indestructible by the time I'm through with it!! ���� Thanks again!!