Old 03-09-2018, 08:34 AM
alikigirl

Originally Posted by quilttiger View Post
I am working on a 9 patch madness, too...luckily, I had made only two blocks when I realized directional prints are not compatible with the pattern. Most of the material are not directional, so that is good. I have three directional prints which I still want to use. So...here is my action plan. I lay out the colors in each block and look at the opposite corners which will be turned upside down after the block is cut both ways. If the print is directional, I turn it upside down before sewing the nine squares together into a 9-patch. Hope this makes sense. Wish me luck, lol.
I too have been planning to do the nine patch madness quilt. When using directional prints, you don't need to turn the 2 corners upside down, just move the top right to the bottom left keeping the same orientation, and then of course move the bottom left to the top right. These pictures show 1) original block, 2) sliced block, 3) corners turned WRONG, and 4) corners just swapped.
Attached Thumbnails 1-original.jpg   2-sliced.jpg   3-turned.jpg   4-moved.jpg