View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 02:02 PM
madamekelly

Fried Burritos

Brown one pound of ground meat, (beef or turkey both work) add Mexican seasonings or a packet of taco seasoning mix.
Open a can of refried beans (I save and freeze leftovers to add to stew for a thickener)
Grate about 8oz of cheese.
I use large burrito size tortillas

Lay tortilla on a plate, spread some refried beans on one side (leaving a margin of about an inch on the edges)
Put about 2-3 tablespoons of seasoned ground meat on the refried beans.
Top with a couple generous pinches of grated cheese.

Carefully slide the tortilla into fry pan with about 1/4” oil (preheated to about medium high or a little lower).
Fold second half of tortilla over the full side as you slide it into the oil. Fry until golden brown on first side, then carefully roll the tortilla over to the uncooked side and cook the second side like the first.

Remove from fry pan using two spatulas for control of the flat burrito to get it onto a plate. Serve with your favorite salsa and either sour cream (traditional) or plain (not sweetened!) yogurt.

FYI - you can add chopped onions to the ground meat if you like, which I do, and you can have guacamole on the top also.

This recipe is a family favorite. For normal appetite one each is enough, for DH, I always allow two.

Last edited by madamekelly; 03-09-2018 at 02:04 PM.