View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 09:35 AM
Kwiltr

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Rob, I have a Sweet 16 and finally got back to working with her. The only thing I don't like is that the machine sits lower than the table which makes ruler work bumpy. I actually bought the table overlay that they upsell. Don't know if HQ has fixed that with their line yet - they did with the Baby Lock Tiara. Just something to think about. I also bought the stitch regulator and would not spend that money now. The machine is so easy to use.
I loved my Sweet 16, but finally succumbed to the longarm call just over a year ago. However, on the height issue you mentioned MadQuilter, apparently HQ has leveling feet or something they came up with to adjust the height of the machine to fix that problem. Personally, before I knew about that, I just cut a piece of craft foam to go around the throat plate and shoved it under the overlay. Just around the gap not covered by the overlay, I added a piece of plastic, actually old X-ray film I had on hand and taped it over the exposed foam just so it would be slippery and not catch when using a ruler. I used a ruler a lot on my Sweet 16 without a problem with my little fix. As for the stitch regulator, I never had one and didn't like how they worked when I test drove them. I think I got pretty adept at obtaining consistency in stitch length with practise although i never aimed to be a show quilter .