View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 06:45 PM
IrishMom

Thanks so much for all the advice and good information! RedGarnet -- good idea about the bobbin, I'll have to try that tomorrow. But I can tell I'm getting antsy about some of the features that I would really like (the needle stopping up or down, I am sooooo tired of stopping and having to manually crank it).

The advice on some of the brands had me looking at the Juki on sewingmachinesplus. They had a couple machines under $700 with monthly payments with no interest. I could swing that. We have two in college right now so it's hard for hunks of money to leave the house, but smaller amounts are ok. (I know makes no sense since it is the same outcome, but it works for me) I'll have to look at the other brands there when I have some more time, as well as where the official dealers are for repairs, etc. I think I have a lot of research to do! And I know two dealers near by that I can check for used machines, obviously that's what I did before - I just had the hankering for shiny and new, but maybe I can compromise. Thanks for helping me start in the right direction!

And SillySusan, your input wasn't silly! I'm glad you spoke your mind. I want to know how people like their machines in ALL price categories. That's why I asked for advice - Thank you.