View Single Post
Old 03-15-2018, 08:22 AM
gramma nancy

[QUOTE=Anniedeb;8020437]
Originally Posted by moonrise View Post
I'm a very private person in real life, so the thought of going to meetings is terrifying!

Exactly!! I could not imagine getting up in front of a group of people and being weighed!! Admire those who can, but I just couldn't!
I am a life member of WW and am so sorry you have a mistaken idea of meetings. There is no public weigh in. There is no public announcement of anyone's weight. There is no shaming or lecturing.

Weigh ins are private; a WW employee records your weight in your meeting booklet. No one can see it but that person. Most of them will tell you quietly how much you have lost/gained. No one else is nearby.

Meetings are leader-led discussions of a weekly topic -- like how to handle eating out, or get through the holidays, or how to incorporate more movement (the word 'exercise' is seldom used) into your day.

You can join 'on-line only' and never come to a meeting, but get the benefit of all the materials and the app, which is well-designed and fun to use.

Whether or not you join is, of course, entirely up to you, but please know the facts before you decide.