View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 11:42 AM
sue z q

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Donna - love the orange/yellow block!

Teen - yours are turning out very nice. And it's always nice to have an excuse to stop at the LQS, though sometimes I need blinders when I go in so I don't get distracted and walk out with way more than I was looking for.

My first PP was doing the 50 Stars challenge on this board, using Carol Doak's book. I made it through all 50, but have not done anything with them. So they are one of my longer term UFO's. I never could get good at sewing sections together until I started removing the paper first.

I bought the 6" and 12" add a quarter rulers, and bought a 6" add an eighth ruler. I'm not using them at all with the CMIYC quilt.

I did use them when I did the Fire Island Hosta quilt by Judy N, however I did not sew on the papers with that one, just used them as a template.

I have another PP project that is also a UFO - I started making roses. They finish around 6".

And I liked doing them as a group too. This was before I upgraded my machine to one with a thread cutter. It was very tedious cutting all the threads.

I started the 50 Stars too. What’s the pattern for the roses? They look like fun.