View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Ninnie
Power Poster

Wow, I hadn't even looked at this thread until Celeste ask me to post pictures of my baby, Mortimer. I thought it was just the old thread that had been revived. So many beautiful animals!! And I know they are all loved, and all are special! :-D
So, here is the story of our Mortimer. He is our third Dane, and the First Blue that we have owned. they are called Blue Danes, because when babies, their skin is really blue. We bought him from a private family, who rescued Danes.they lived in a small house, with 4 rescues. they never meant to have a litter, were getting ready to have the female spaded when they discovered she was pregnant. they had a full size mattress on the floor for the mother and babies.
Mortimer's father and Mother were both Blues. And the father was so loving, he followed us around the house , sticking his head under my arm until I would stop and love on him. You could just tell that these were very loved animals. So, at only 5 weeks old we brought Mortimer Bluebear home with us. He was young, but we were close enough thatwe knew we could take him back if there were any problems. the mother had 13 pups and was having a hard time feeding them all, and they were already eating from a bowl, so home with us he came. We started off all worng right from the start, He was so little that we allowed him to sleep with us at night. He would whine, and I would get up and take him out, and he was house broken in no time.
Watching Danes grow is so much fun. The grow3 up one week, and the next week, they grow long. and they are so clumsy, even when he was taller than the couch, he could'nt get up on it.
And YOu have to carry them everywhere, it takes them forever to learn how to go up and down stairs.
He is now 2 yrs old, and is a Daddy's boy. Unless he is hungry, and then he always comes to me :lol: :lol:
He brings DH's old farm boots to him, and then cries until DH puts them on, and takes him to the farm.
Here are some pictures of our baby.

Mortimer at 7 wks.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7635[/ATTACH]

Sitting in Daddy's chair on his red pillow at 5 wks old
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7636[/ATTACH]

2 months old with a toy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]7637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-7635.jpe   attachment-7636.jpe   attachment-7637.jpe