View Single Post
Old 03-17-2018, 05:26 PM
Teen

Omgosh, Macybaby.....I so wish I read this before I attempted the Y-seam. I watched a bunch of youtubes and they all do it differently. These are so tiny that not all techniques will work. Shoot!! Thank you so much for these instructions. I printed them out.

Ok....I did ONE block with Y-seams galore and it didn't turn out too bad but I may re-do a side triangle tomorrow. This block was challenging because I have never cut 45 degree pieces (OMG...took forever to conceptualize with my straight ruler since I don't have a 45. Felt so stupid)...and I've never sewn these shapes together before so it took some practice pieces to figure how to line them up.....then, I picked the one block that has 8 Y-seams in it. One success is that it came out 6 1/2"...hahahaha! So, F9 is below for your viewing pleasure. Lol!! However, please take note of B3 - Cross & Crown. I found some teal fabric that looks like wood in my stash.....can you believe that? Perfect! I got so excited over this stupid fabric that the pain of F9 went away...Ha!

3 completed today takes me to 92!!!!! Woohoo!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg   image.jpeg   image.jpeg