View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 06:26 AM
Macybaby

I have the 2010, for a bit over two years. I do occasionally adjust my bobbin tension when using different threads, and then adjust the top to match ( I treat it the same as my LA). I do find that sometimes I take it out of the pretensioner, but more often I have to only use one hole on the three hole the thread guide. Other times I use two but so far I've never used all three.

If you have your top tension set at zero and are still having top tension issues, then check how you have it threaded. Somewhere along the way the thread is catching. BTW - I do have the most problems with Aurifil as to the extra thread guides themselves add too much tension.

I don't keep my bobbin area lint free, but find the Aurifil thread is some of the lintier stuff I use. Not as bad as some though . . .

As to it "hopping" over when stitching, that sounds like a misalignment between the foot and feed dogs. You may need to take it in and have them loosen the presser foot bar and rotate it a slight bit. This is not a big deal do so at home if you understand the mechanics of the feed system.

I'll add - I treat my Juki 2010 a lot more like I treat my LA than a regular domestic machine. Which means I adjust the bobbin and top tension a lot, and mess with the thread path depending on the thread I'm using. But once set for that thread, I don't have to deal with it while sewing.