Old 03-19-2018, 01:14 PM
osewfast

Default What do Sledding and Quilting have in common? =)

This handy dandy slider!
I got this 'carpet sled' from Amazon for $19. It's Much bigger than my 'supreme slider'...and guess what - works just as well, if not better! Admittedly, the supreme slider clings to the sewing area, while I use painter's tape to attach the sled. But considering the huge area and modest price - it's worth it. I thought about cutting a small, round hole for the needle, but the handle holes are working just fine. As a matter of fact - the first time I tried it, I put my small slider underneath this one - so the handle holes had some slippery areas, too...but today I tried it by itself. & it was fine.

The biggest obstacle I had quilting today was #1 my machine acting wonky with the new thread I was trying out. Finally got that worked out. and #2 The silly cat attacking the quilt from the back side of the table where it dangled down and enticed him. Got that worked out, too...by tossing his hiney outside!

Just thought I'd share this with y'all...I know we quilters on a budget love economical gadgets/ideas.
* Note* Not my idea - I saw it somewhere & decided to try it & share the result.

Enjoy!
Donna Mc
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591300[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]591301[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails slider.jpg   slider-close-up.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-19-2018 at 01:25 PM. Reason: remove shouting/all caps