View Single Post
Old 03-20-2018, 06:02 AM
KittyGram

I've spent the past 2+ years redoing my craft room, with my daughter's help. She is ADHD, and has come to know that she HAS to be organized in order to function and to have a functioning home (she's married with 3 kids, 9 to 14 years old). I've never been organized at all, so she has helped me with that. Overall, I spent probably $250 on storage items - ranging from the $40 shelving units at Target (3 of them) down to the Dollar Store bins (I don't know how many of those!! And a few other kinds of bins in between. We've put up two peg boards and a memo board (cork board/white erase board). We put up some heavy duty coat hooks, bought some big storage bags, and hang my WIPs up now. My patterns (which will mostly be unmade because I have so many!!) are now in binders, labeled by subject matter. We still have a few things to do - mostly things like moulding and putting up the cornice - but it's extremely functional, and I love hanging out in there more than I ever have before!!! When she and the kids come over, sometimes we all hang out in there together. I'll have to find some pics and post them.