Thread: Ringo's Sister
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2018, 01:58 PM
Kassaundra

Default Ringo's Sister

This is my third Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt. This year I changed my colors including switching the light and dark. When all the units were finished and we got Bonnie's reveal I liked hers a lot, but while we were waiting I had been playing w/ different ways the pieces could all be laid out and was really drawn to one of my "play layouts". I am calling this Ringo's Sister b/c it has all the same units of On Ringo Lake and in nearly the same %. I did add a hst, and there are fewer of the neutral / dark FG and a few more of the other FG. So the same "dna" but in a different configuration like a "sister". ORL has an en point layout, mine has a square layout that appears to be en point. When it got to the border I needed something that would hold it's own but not visually compete w/ the busy center, so I decided to do this simple, but dramatic border, my first curved border. I enjoyed playing in the mystery, and love many of the ORL quilts the way Bonnie envisioned them, but am equally in love w/ my version.

The back is a pieced back from a thrift store striped sheet. It is assembled and quilted on my domestic machine w/ a quilt as you go technique. It finishes 72 x 90
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591467[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591468[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]591469[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0307.jpg   dsc_0306.jpg   dsc_0308.jpg