View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 07:30 AM
pyffer3

Default King Size quilt top

I have been asked to make just a plain old quilt top using 4 different fabrics and they want nothing but squares sewn together. She had already purchased the fabric. Each piece is 2 yards long by about 44" wide. This is so simple but yet I can't seem to figure out what to do. What size squares should I cut and how many of each do I need? I am so worried that I don't have enough fabric that I am paralyzed as to where to start! When I make quilts for myself I just buy lots and figure I'll use the left overs in something else later on, that way I never run short. I have never tried to figure out how much actual fabric I would need for a specific quilt. Can someone help me with this? All I need to do is the quilt top they will do the actual putting together a backing and batting and quilting. I think they are planning to do like a family quilt get together for the quilting. Do I have enough fabric to make a very large King size quilt? Thanks for the help, sorry that I feel so stupid with the math!