View Single Post
Old 03-22-2018, 08:40 AM
melodyr

Yes, if you've never been, the whole thing can be overwhelming. I've helped untold people while standing in lines to pay out at a vendor when I overhear questions that they have. Those of you with routines understand how frustrating it is when you don't know where to turn. Everyone has favorite thing they want to see and do and to learn that you missed out after you get home is a big let-down.

Mom has told me that there will be an English Paper Piecing demonstration in the lobby of the Museum for those of you who want to check that out. It isn't necessary to purchase a Museum pass to do this either. There will also be a paper piecing shop set up at 10th and Park (walkable from the Convention Center as well.)

The churches downtown offer meals at a very reasonable price too. As soon as I get the menus I'll post them and the times. They each take a day and it is one of the most anticipated activities. The Hotel Metropolitan (a black history museum in Paducah) usually hosts a fish fry as well. Kirchoff's Bakery is another iconic spot to grab a sandwich or some of their famous cookies.

Even if you don't need to meet up, ask any questions you may have. I'll be happy to help.

The big dome vendor's (we call it 'the marshmallow') is going up today, they showed the workers putting it up on this morning's news.

Here's our local TV station for those who want to check out the weather and news. http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/

Just let me know what you need. I'll be happy to help.