View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 07:36 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
The reason I asked if it was one block or more is because I think it may be too much yellow. The birds are so sweet and I think the yellow may compete with them.
Totally agree with you, SusieQOH .. my eyes keep going to the yellow strip instead of to the beautiful view outside the window, which should be our focal point with an Attic Windows pattern.

Originally Posted by MarionsQuilts View Post
.........I have found the most success to be with the same colours - just different shades - so all browns or all yellows. I made one once with different colours, and when I was done, I really wasn't happy with it.
The whole purpose of the attic windows is to create that 3-d effect, and I personally found it much more "3-d" with all the same colour................
That makes total sense ... after all, in doing an Attic Windows, we are emulating an IRL window and the view beyond. Most times the window frames/sashings in our homes are all the same colour, so a quilted one would be the same, and using different fabrics gives us the 3-D effect that the shadows IRL would create. Great explanation and Thank You, MarionQuilts!

Last edited by QuiltE; 03-25-2018 at 07:42 AM.