View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 01:05 PM
Luci177

Default Red white blue scrappy stars

Last week I posted a picture of the beginning of my quilt. I just finished adding the last border. The scrappy centers of the stars were cut with my Accuquilt die cutter and began as 5x2 3/4 inch rectangles. I used these rectangles to make a multicolored quilt, a purple scrappy stars and now, my red/white/blue quilt. The scrappy rectangles ended up as 12 inch blocks, which I squared down to a 11 1/2 square. I added half square triangles, which began as 6 1/2 inch blocks sewn together and squared down to 6 inches. The half square triangles added to the scrappy square created the stars, which measured 22 1/2 inches. There was a total of twelve stars. The squared blocks were joined and two borders were added, 2 inch and 6 inch. The six inch border is a floral, which does not seem like a match for the stars, but the colors made it work and softened it up a bit. The finished top measures 100 x 80 inches. Since this was done in stages, it did not feel so overwhelming. I only punchased the striped fabric and the white background fabric, every thing else came from my stash. Yeah for stashes. I saw some great wide backs on sale at Connecting Threads that are in my color scheme. I always wanted a patriotic quilt and I'm surprised at how happy it looks and it feels like it has energy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591769[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]591770[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]591771[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_3038.jpg   img_3041.jpg   img_3040.jpg