View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 02:34 PM
rryder

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
Do UFO's count if you are actively working on them or only if they are languishing in the closet?

All told, I've got 6 altogether. 3 I'm actively working on.

Watson
Hey Watson, I think UFO is in the eye of the beholder. I always have three or four (okay, sometimes as many as 5 or 6) projects that I'm actively working on--I consider those to be WIPs--unless I get bored or stuck on where to go next with one and it gets put away and becomes a UFO. Some folks consider anything that hasn't been worked on for at least a year to be a UFO.

My UFO pile currently has things that have been sitting there for anywhere from 6 months to 10 years waiting for me to decide what to do with them. When I pull one out to work on it, in my mind it's still a UFO until finished! I do eventually finish my UFOs I've just decided that it's part of my process to always have them. Right now I've got at least 20, maybe more... I also set a goal a couple years ago to complete at least one UFO each month and joined the UFO challenge... so far I've managed to meet my goal of 1 finish every month for the last couple of years, but I keep starting new things so the pile waxes and wanes, but never really goes away LOL!

Rob